Saturday, July 02, 2005

the one about ironies & dark chocolate

This is the first post of my blog. Well, actually I have another blog from diaryland but too many private stuff got dumped into it and I decided to lock it.

You know, how it's so strange when you seemingly have so much to blog about but when the time comes for you to start typing, you just can't do so. It's almost agonizing to be typing 1 sentence every 2 minutes. Before I actually started this blog, ideas seemed to be streaming in like..water being poured into a mouth belonging to someone who is apparently very thirsty - fast and furious. I almost confirmed that I was a genius with spider sense. Hey! But here I am, typing at a rate of 1 sentence every 2 minutes, which is in other words 2 sentences in about 4 minutes! Damn.

Ok, I think I'll just talk about my army medical checkup I had yesterday. Being the i-can't-afford-to-be-second type of person, I was the first to arrive at 740am, first to register at the counter, but sadly not the first to finish. Actually the medical part was reasonably quick and efficient, probably because I'm the first to arrive (and the first to register). It was the psychometeric test and the survey which took up the most time. The test was an IQ test supposedly, a tedious one definitely. I actually thought the one at tickle was simpler and less stressful. I'm serious.

In the end, I received a PES A, even though I prayed hard that they give me an E, so I could slack for 2 years. Life is pretty ironic, don't you think? It's always the ones which are the fittest or the most enthusiastic about receiving sadistic training getting the Es..while under-achievers like me get to be labelled 'fit for all vocations', which sounds flattering and scary at the same time. But no doubt, getting PES A does boost confidence and I'll most probably do my best in that 2 years (I think).

I read about a NSF man collapsing while he was jogging in the newspapers today.

That sounded pretty weird. I don't think anyone lays newspapers on the ground and jogs on them. I meant to say 'I read in the newspapers today, that a NSF man collapsed while he was jogging.' Ok, that sounded more logical right?

It's rather scary for someone perfectly healthy and fit to just collapse and die like that. They say it's heart attack or something along that line. Something about blood not being able to flow. Also, the number of perfectly healthy people collapsing and dying from 2001 to 2003 hit about 200..I think they also mentioned that these were young individuals. Guess these are all the facts I can remember, correct me if I'm wrong.

I shall end with a wonderful quote inspired by my idol, which goes by the modest initials F.G

"Life is unpredictable. You may just die. Eat more dark chocolate."

"hello. my name is forrest gump."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home