Sunday, July 03, 2005

the one about what i might want to do in the future

I have always believed that second to money, music is the next thing that makes the world spin on its axis. In fact, in the recent years especially, I grew to learn that the globe is indeed, grooving and moving to the different beats of music playing around the world.

And if there's one thing you should know about me, it is that I simply adore singing. I sing both chinese and english songs, and I intend to develop whatever potential I have in this area. Right now, I'm learning how to play the classical guitar and in the near future, I'm probably going to take up the electric guitar and then maybe, just maybe the drums.


I know I'm pretty slow, but I intend to form a rock band in the university. And we are probably going to turn out something like this:

Oasis

But in any case, if I don't form a band, I'll probably join lots of solo competitions, cross my fingers and hope some record company takes note of me. Teeheehee. I bet you guys agree that Singapore's music scene is pretty dry, but I am pretty much confident in its future. Lots of impressive local singers and bands are popping out, and soon enough, we will have a market of our own.

But then again, let's be practical. This is not America. Singing doesn't really get you much cash, which is probably the most important thing in the world (be real, let's face it)..That's why I'll probably pursue music only as a passion in life, a passion that will give my most-likely-boring lifestyle some CPR.

Oh yah and by the way, if you really want to be very very popular but you can't sing for nuts, you can probably run for office. You could even be notorious. wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home