Thursday, July 28, 2005

the one about hair

I don't know about you, but I do have a phobia whenever I step into a barber shop. I simply detest cutting my hair, since it'll mean short hair again. Short hair looks sucky on me, and that's just an understatement.

I had my fair share of bad hair cuts and bad hair days and because of this, I would keep my hair long if I was allowed to. The type of hair which I hate most is those with the sides sticking out. Hm. I hope you get the idea. You see, my face is an oval shape, and with hair like that, I kinda look like a pineapple. I would have slit my wrists if not for the fact that pineapple complements cheesecake rather well.

Guys keeping long, layered and stylish hair in VJC are usually alert and vigilant. By the way, when I say long hair, it's not shoulder length hair or rocker-type hair. As in long relative to crew cut, those you can style. Ok, as I was saying guys keeping long, layered and stylish hair in VJC are usually alert and vigilant.

They are unintentionally trained to do so however, so as to keep a good lookout for certain people who feel they are not contributing to the school enough, and hence go around stopping people and blasting them for their hairstyle. It's pretty good training for those who are targeted though. And besides building up your vigilance, it also heightens your senses over time, or what Peter Parker might say - Spider Sense.

I believe being paranoid about landing into trouble has actually helped me a lot. Now, I can detect an unwelcome presence before I even round a bend. It has aided me in real life too, like how I can sense Bus 31 is coming even before it is in view. Hopefully next year, these survival skills can be of use in the SAF.

Right now however, my hair is short and neat. I look presentable, nice and friendly. But 1 or 2 more weeks later, I'll probably be back to the vigorous training I have been subjected to for the past months.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, September 18, 2005 7:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go to a more established hair salon lah! omg. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home