Sunday, April 30, 2006

the one about volunteering for guard duty

Me: Er..sergeant..is it possible to change slots for guard duty over the long weekend? Like Saturday change to Monday..if I happen to tio this week?

Sarg: (eyes widen) NO! cannot change.

Me: (eyes widen with innocence) hah..really ah?

Sarg: If you got any appointment over the weekend then you go write on that piece of paper, then you won't kena.

Me: (looking suspicious) No la. It's a personal appointment.

Sarg: Must be going out with girlfriend right??

Me: (mumbling) I have no girlf....

Sarg: Then it's not then what..? You go write your reason then I consider.

Me: Er..nevermind la. It's nothing.

Sarg: Eh? You haven't done guard duty meh?

Me: er..haven't.

Sarg: What did you get for IPPT?

Me: Pass.

Sarg: You commit any minor offences in the first few weeks?

Me: (proudly announces) No, I did not commit any offences.

Sarg: (looks puzzled) Then I couldn't have missed you out!

Proceeds to look at the right hand pocket of my smart 4 and scribbles down my initials on a piece of paper.

I think I'm doing guard duty next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home