Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the one about the day's evening

Went out with my parents to Taka's Pepper Lunch for dinner. Meant to celebrate my birthday. Oh well. I guess they would like this type of hot plate things with lotsa beansprouts and carrots, so I took them there.

Anyway, when we just arrived at Orchard, mum was approached by this surveyor and well, was asked to do a survey about travelling. Turns out they were from some travel agency and a scratch-and-win was offered as well.

Mum won something and later Dad scratched-and-won the top prize supposedly. Some trip to somewhere. I couldn't be bothered with what was going on anyway. They were asked to attend this stupid talk at some place nearby about travel tours and such. Then they can take the vouchers or something.

Turned out to be some travel club and apparently they started bull-shitting a lot, according to my mum. I was suspicious right from the start because this whole shit sounded like a stupid scam to me. Ok, so in the end, they got the vouchers.

Didn't know much cos' I really couldn't be bothered that something that stupid had to come and ruin my birthday evening.

They attended the meaningless talk for about 2 hours or so, leaving me walking aimlessly around town for that same amount of time. If you know me well enough, you would know that I really hate wandering aimlessly around by myself. It's really quite pathetic.

Especially when they didn't particularly get anything out of it except for some shopping vouchers. I would rather have gone home early than waste my time bumming around Orchard. And you are hearing this from someone who really loves to go out. Because tonight was really really boring.

I told my mum my birthday was pathetic. She told me I couldn't really say that cos' they had already spent a huge amount on clothes for me, and that the dinner was by right, supposed to be paid by me.

Oh well. Thanks for missing the whole point totally. It's like someone throwing a watermelon towards your face but missed you wide. And you didn't even bother to dodge. Fuck that.

What a pleasant day. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home