Sunday, July 02, 2006

the one about my peformance

What a good experience to perform in front of such a crowd. That evening was painfully long as I waited for a few good hours before really getting up there to perform. The rehearsals were nerve wrecking enough since I didn't really know anyone there.

Haha. Things lightened up a little after I started talking to a few of them, who looked really nervous too. Anyway, I wasn't going to let anxiety eat me. I wanted to put up a good show. I knew it was the only way if I wanted people to listen.

Performance was fine at the beginning. Mananged to calm down quite a bit before I actually took the stage. And I swear the microphone was so loud that I didn't even have to put in much effort to be heard over the sound system. Well. It was good initially.

Then the end of the song where the last chorus was was the loud part. I had converted the track from mp3 format so it was full of distortion too. So basically the music consumed my voice near the end. argh.

It's fun to perform. How I wish I had more chances to do that.

My platoon commander smsed me saying I sang really well. I really hope she meant it. :D

Ok ok..back to the dull life comprising of reading, catching guppies and ogling at monitor lizards. I think it'll be quite a while before the next high point comes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home