Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the one about today

Ah. Sorry for smearing the emo for the previous posts. I badly needed someone to talk to but I couldn't find anyone. So I decided to talk to my blog. Just like some of you might like talking to your pet dog. It just sits there staring at you but you can be guaranteed that there'll be no stupid opinions.

I'm quite glad that I could express myself in words. It's a form of release. Better than feeling cooped up and frustrated because a listening ear isn't by your side.

Not that I wanted to put down those 2 entries. It wasn't meant for anyone. Just for me to feel better. But right now, I wonder the magnitude of impact that those words have caused. I'm not sure either.

Today's a pretty special day. Many people don't seem to know. Yes. It's rather saddening.

Today's my birthday.

I don't expect too many people to remember the 26th July. Because I haven't been remembering too many birthdays either. Not a single friend from school remembered. But the initial numbers were pathetic in the first place too.

Out of sight, out of mind. Perhaps. Bah.

Ever spent time and effort searching, not thinking much about budget like you always do, for a perfect present for someone? You wait. And on your birthday you don't even receive as much as an sms from the person wishing you a happy birthday.

Sad? How about the same situation taking place for 2 years. 2 rounds of birthdays.

Just tells you so blatantly how much you mean to that person. So blatant it hurts.

I got a birthday off today. That's good. An off isn't bad at all. Gives me so much time to spend on reading magazines, watching wrestling vcds and playing old computer games. All by myself. Lots of time to think stupid things too. And stupid thoughts just lead to stupid posts like these.

I always secretly envy how some people spend their birthdays. With friends making such a big issue out of it. Presents, cake and all. Then they all celebrate and sing cheesy birthday songs in the canteen so the whole school can hear. And you can see the lucky peep lugging a plastic bag full of presents, and a shiny balloon at the end of a nylon string tied to the handle of the bag.

Or how everyone would hang out. Just to celebrate his or her birthday.

The best I've got from my friends is a card signed by everyone and an Oasis CD. Not that I'm complaining. I love the surprise. And I still love you guys. But how I wish I could have one of those rowdy birthdays as well.

Gotta go. My parents are taking me out to dinner. The highlight of today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home