Saturday, July 08, 2006

the one about my deceased mp3

My beloved mp3 player died out on me. A few weeks back. But I only took it to see the doc like 2 days ago. Because finally I'm stuck on a dismount day with nothing in particular I want to do and with all my friends either in camp or working.

Headed down to the Creative Store down at Marina Square. Oh yah, by the way, it's a Creative Zen Micro that's about a year old.

I don't know what happened but it all started when the on/off switch suddenly decided not to function. Okay. Still can manage. I just had to to take out the battery and put it back again to flick it on. And when I wanted to turn it off, I simply press 'pause' and wait for it to shut down automatically.

Genius. =)

Then one day a few weeks back, I was feeling bored at the driving centre and I put my mp3 on random play mode. It was at this christmas song 'Joy To The World'.

Yeah yeah, I admit I have a self-compiled christmas song folder.

Ok. So I never did listen to that song. But now that I eventually did, the whole machine just damn hanged. And then it remained that way. I took out the battery and put it back but the player just couldn't start. Argh. That track must have been corrupted. Given there were about a thousand songs in it, I guess I was pretty unlucky.

So I was at the Creative counter. And the not-so-friendly counter lady said she had to format the player. I didn't mind. As long as she (the mp3) turns out fine. Then later she told me formatting wouldn't help and said the entire thing was spoilt. I'm sad. Partly because the very last song I heard on it wasn't a GNR song. =(

And I had to pay $138.80 for a 1-to-1 exchange. For the same model.

No I won't. Might as well get a new one. :D

Anyway, I was attacked mercilessly by mosquitoes at camp last night. Well, I hope they were mosquitoes. Not bed bugs..eek. But now there's these mosquito bites on my arms and legs so I figure I was indeed attacked by mosquitoes.

Well, unless you tell me there are other insect bites that resemble mosquito bites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home