Sunday, July 09, 2006

the one about world cup (part 1)

World Cup. Wow.

So I should be camping around the television huh. Slumped in that sofa that I would call my bed, my dining table, my pee point and my shit point. Slumped at a certain angle such that my eyes are just peering slightly over the rows and columns of Pringles and Coke bottles, upright or lying on the side, so I can catch all the action about men and balls.

It's the a.m hour and the lights in the living room are switched off, the only lights and sounds blaring from the telly. It's France vs Brazil. And Zidane's head is really bright. You squince at the ray of light that seems to have momentarily blinded you. Then Ronaldo bounces along.

ouch.

You doze off. Then awake with a start, not wanting to miss a single beat of the match. NO, you tell yourself. I've made it halfway through. It's just another half hour or so before I can go back to sleep and then wake up 24 hours later to catch the next match. I won't....give...uppp..

I....must........perservere.......

You start encouraging yourself with the will of a BMT recruit wanting to make it to OCS. You last through the match and then promptly doze off on the sofa, leaving the TV blaring anyway. Hope I can wake up in time for the next match.

Leave the lunch and dinner on the table, mum. I'll skip breakfast, then eat everything on the table while I watch teevee. I see that my hotmail account has this big number next to the 'inbox' icon while my handphone has this strange-looking '100 messages received' signal on the screen. And I have no idea why the digits are like, increasing. huh?

Bah. Don't really care. Teknologi nowsaday. =(

I peer up from the sofa and realise I'm slouching low enough such that I can see the silhouette of my belly striking a brillant arc across the teevee screen. That reminds me. Gotta ring up Mac to order fish fillet. Got discount I think. Meanwhile I'll just go sleep or something.

I shan't go out with anyone. I won't log on to msn. I shall refrain from playing dota. I have already broken up with my girlfriend. The World Cup. Nothing shall stop me and her from being together. NOTHING. It's my life. Well, at least for the month. I don't care if army charges me for awol or desertion or if my employer sacks me or what. I don't fucking care.

When I run out of cash for Pringles, I think I can sell this sofa on eBay. Afterall, it has become unique with that giant depression shaped like a human frame permanently imprinted on top. I heard exquisite art pieces fetch a good price nowadays.

Not forgetting however, that there are already a huge number of similar art pieces on sale in the market. :O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home