Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the one about some stuff etc

hello. just here to tell you more about the spate of events that happened over the last few days of my boring life.

Finally made my first clubbing trip down at Ministry of Sound. Wanted to sneak into Dbl O, Hong Ming's favourite club. We got checked and couldn't get in. Must be above 21. Hong Ming say it's suay because he wasn't checked before.

Maybe cos I still look young.

My first clubbing experience was..well...acceptable. It's pretty dark in there and there plenty of pyrotechnics, loud music and happy people drinking vodka.

I personally think dancing is pretty strange. In a clubbing situation that is. People just go dance floor and move about, some awkwardly. It just seems so...weird. Strangely, it looks pretty okay on the telly.

I was a complete noob there, and ended up watching Germany vs Sweden world cup match. Then just sat around and drink the free house drink. Nothing much. I wouldn't say it's a good place to chill since it's so noisy.

Oh yeap. Sunday I went to Beach Road to sew the remaining name tags on my No. 4s. After that as I was leaving the place, I walked past a barber shop. I caught sight of a beautiful Guns N' Roses poster.

I turned back and asked the malay barber uncle to sell to me. He said cannot. Apparently, his brother bought it in Thailand. Damn. Anyway I ended up cutting hair at the shop, since my next destination was the barber at Marine Parade, so I figured I would just settle it there and then.

I want that poster. Can't find any GNR posters in Singapore already. If you know, please tell me. Meanwhile, I don't mind the GNR T-shirt selling at HMV Suntec. My birthday is coming. Uh-hum..

HuH? I'm not hinting anything what. Why you look at me like that.

Anyway, I'm pretty nervous now, since tomorrow I'll be singing in front of a live audience of about 700, which I believe 3/4 of them will be too busy consuming part of a SAF budget menu, while the other 1/4 will be too drunk to figure why the fuck I am on stage holding a mike with music in the background. The former group will probably think I'm part of the background music.

Either way, I hope I don't fade into the background and become trailer trash of 'GSMB IDOL', which I swear sounds so corny that they wouldn't serve anything with maize in the fear any diner would collapse as a result of fits.

Ok bullshit.

Meanwhile, I am still busy choosing my attire for tomorrow, which will be the biggest performance of my life. So far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home