Thursday, June 15, 2006

the one about fishing

Today in camp, as we were sick of reading, me, clement and lau went to catch guppies in the various mysterious water bodies situated around the compound.

Armed with a dirty little fish tank and a green scoop, we proceeded from one water body to another. We caught several little orange fishes, some ordinary guppies, a developing tadpole, a mini shrimp and some water insects. We later put them in the fish tank in the mess.

:D

Feeling envious already?

On a side note, I met my secondary school discipline master at the hawker center today. He was surprised to see me and we chatted about my vocation, my choice of course in what university..blah blah. He told me how important language was when in came to doing business overseas. He mentioned a certain senior I had who was in MP too.

But apparently he graduated in 1990 so I couldn't possibly know him anyway. :P

Speaking to him made me realise that I am on my way to forgetting how to speak Mandarin. I forgot how to say 'NUS', forgot how to say 'Business Admin', forgot how to put in words that I was working mounting/dismounting.

Bah. It was great to see him again, although my encounters with him back then weren't exactly that pleasant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home