Friday, November 24, 2006

the one about passing my driving

After 31 lessons, 2 stressful tests and 52 demerit points later, I can gladly say that I am able to drive officially. Woohoo!

This morning could probably be the most tense morning in my entire life. Everything went fine during warm up. But on the actual test, I totally screwed up my circuit because I striked the kerb while doing crank course.

Crank course??! Supposedly my most confident circuit item and I go hit the kerb while negotiating the bend. Probably the nerves. But that folly added a hefty 10 points to the demerit count. Ouch!

Needless to say, that strike pretty much knocked off a huge deal of morale for my outside courses. Luckily, I didn't make much mistakes outside.

The tester seemed to be in a bad mood today, giving me 'the face' wherever I hesitated too much at a turning point or junction. At one point, he kinda shouted at me. But he was on the forgiving side. And that's good.

Dad accompanied me to drive around the area that afternoon. Went up the ECP, past VJC, under the overhead bridge I used to jog on, then on to the Parkway Parade area and several other nearby neighbourhoods.

Still have to get used to parking without the poles. Of course, a more sure way of getting your car in the lot is to carry 4 poles in your boot everywhere you drive, so you can do it the 'driving centre style'. But it attracts lots of attention I don't want. Inconvenient too. Bah.

In the evening, I drove my parents to Marine Parade for dinner and back. Haha..so surreal. Am proud to be driving my parents around too.

Next on the agenda: study the road directory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home