Thursday, November 16, 2006

the one about dad giving me haircut

Have been worrying about my driving test recently. It's like next Friday. I really can't bear the thought of having to wait another 2 months or so for the next one.

I don't know why but my parallel parking still sucks. Can't seem to park the vehicle straight in the lot. Most of the time it's fine but other times it's just...And I sometimes don't know which way the car is slanting to, so I sorta screw it up when told to adjust my vehicle to a straight position.

Driving on the roads should be fine. Technically. Just hope that surrounding traffic don't mess up my chances of passing. Grr. Let's just pray for smooth traffic.

Anyways, Dad just trimmed my hair again. He's good. Have I told you before that he picked up this skill when he was in the army? And that he has been saving his big family loads of cash - that could have otherwise went to the barber - during chinese new year in his younger days.

He still uses the little tool which you have to keep compressing in order to make those little trims..you know, to 'slope' the hair at the back. The cute little tool that gives out the 'tick tick' sound.

No barber in Singapore seems to use that anymore. Even the old barber shops have 'upgraded' to the bulky, electric ones.

My dad is rather good given he's not a professional. And he does save me my 10 bucks that I would have given to the barber.

Ok, gotta go now. Play some computer games or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home