Saturday, October 28, 2006

the one about movies i've watched recently (spoilers)

My under-used brain and big heart has been nagging me to do something constructive with all the free time in my hands. So I watched 3 movies in 3 different locations, in about 5 days or so.

Death Note, The Prestige and D.O.A.

Death Note was highly intelligent because 2 clever people were plotting against each other. And of course, it seemed even deeper for someone quite dense. Took me quite some time for me to figure out the plot and how I should probably adopt the 'L' diet. A bag of chips (maybe 20) a day keeps the fat away. WOoo.

The Prestige seemed quite witty too..again it's about 2 dudes going against each other, in the form of magic. I realise the plot is about 2 magicians trying to outdo each other, bordering on the brink of fantasy, and how they always try to sabo one another. I fell asleep for about 5 minutes cos' the show was getting too complex and woke up when they were doing the 'bird' trick. Quite gross.

It's again quite funny how Hollywood tries to use 'Superman' theory in their movies, knowing it's really quite impossible in real life. They need to realise how wearing fake beard doesn't make you look like another person.

I could run down the streets in pink underwear and not be afraid cos' no one would recognise me, not before I remove my glasses and comb my hair backwards. Bugis would never be safe again.

D.O.A was irritatingly corny at times. Corny because the bad guy wears chunky shades and suddenly morphs into 'Bad guy with shades and can fight cos of shades'. Irritating because I have to add 2 full stops in 3 letters as I type D.O.A. Ok 3. The show also expects us to believe that civilisation exists in places above the clouds, where people dress like its summer all year round. And that you have to parachute to get to earth. Dude, I wonder how they got all those shit up there in the first place.

And does Devon Aoki look really strange, or is it just me? Other than that, the actresses still not too bad, other than the acting.

Oh! And 'Click' is out on DVD. I seldom get shows unless I really like it. I know it's got a bad rating somewhere at one point of time but I kinda like it. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home