Thursday, August 18, 2005

the one about SBS

A wise man from Singapore once said, " 1/4 of your life, you spend on waiting. Not until SBS made it 1/2 ". Despite gross sentence structure and strange phrasing, this sentence still reeks of the aura of wisdom and awe. Just picture any sage-like samaritan saying those words, with his right finger pointing vertically upwards and his eyes rolling halfway down the back of his head while he does so. I guarantee you will be inspired to tears. Don't believe me? Pay the uncle from vj's western food stall to do the same thing and witness the magic. Add a halo if you are in a good mood.

Ok ok..I think I shall get straight to the point. If you think the previous paragraph had no link at all and was a waste of your time, don't read it. Anyway, as the title of this post says, I'm here to talk about everyone's favourite bus company, SBS!

Things I absolutely "love" about SBS buses:
1)Most of the buses are air-conditioned nowadays
2)Some bus drivers are over friendly, but still okay
3)There are little crevices at the back of the seat to stick your rubbish into
4)TV Mobile

Things about SBS buses that irritate me:
1)Some air con filters have been removed/spoilt, leaving cold air to blast you left right front center (and I can't do anything about it since I'm lazy to move.)
2)Some bus drivers drive too slowly/brake too abruptly/talk to much/stink
3)The crevices at the back of the seat are too small & I can't stuff tissue into them
4)TV Mobile? Most of the time, I remember watching slide shows

What truly irritates me about SBS is that no matter what time I go down to the bus stop, waiting is inevitable. It's always the buses that I don't want to take that arrive first. It always takes a great deal of waiting before my bus arrives. Sometimes I wonder if SBS really has this super technology that reads peoples' minds and studies peoples' habits so that they can send out buses at exactly the right time, just so each individual waits at least 5 minutes for the bus. Probably to make people appreciate their lousy buses better. Hmm. Either that or I'm just suay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home