Saturday, January 28, 2006

the one about life so far

I'm getting used to all the crap in the army..the last minute change of plans, the big rush up and down 4 storeys everyday, the marching, the pumping and all the things they throw at you in a attempt to make you crumble.

Above it all, there are the pleasant moments like the anticipation of hearing your parents' voice over the phone after a bad day, or the movie screenings now and then in the LT. I've watched 3 shows in 3 weeks, for the record.

We're treated really well in some cases, such as food. I know I've said it before and I just have to bring it up again. They feed you so well and so much it's suspicious.

During night snack the other day, most of us didn't bring us mess mugs. Sergeant made us run back to our bunks to take even though some of us decided not to drink the milo. Sorta like forcing us to take night snack. Eat or die! Muahaha.

And each of us was given 2 mandarin oranges and 2 chocolates in an angbao for CNY. There were CNY goodies after night snack too.

Life in the army is manageable. I just hoped there were faster people who could actually put in effort so they would stop sabo-ing the entire platoon or company. It's irritating like constipation.

Army has changed my perspectives definitely. I never treasured time and family so much. I feel really grateful to be back in main island. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home