Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the one about random ramblings

The long bus rides home from camp every other day give me the opportunity to just sit there and indulge myself in reading, something I haven't done in a long while.

It's also pretty nice to just sit there and think.

I see many people getting off from work and taking the bus ride home, probably it's one of their free days so they might be going to a pub or something. I don't know. It's none of my business either.

They look like they can't wait to get home. Me either. They work their balls off at their office or something. They look shagged.

I just can't help but think of society. The people working their asses off for the 3000 bucks a month. Working for short term goals, long term goals. A new car, that branded jacket, petrol bills, that report due next monday, the installments for the plasma tv.

These teeny weeny things that seem almost mandatory and it comes across as automatic, instinctive, duh, a must-do, a part of life.

So much so that most of us neglect the big picture. No one bothers to take a step back and think, what is it that they actually seek for in life. Never ending materialistic wants I guess?

That's why people start regretting late in lives, after realising that they have slogged for a good part of their existence, yet they end up wondering what in the world they were working for anyway.

Is it the Orchard Road Condo I'm still paying up for?

I'm happy. Or am I not? I think I am. Afterall, I should be. I worked hard for all I have now.

I'm hypocritical. I'll be like that one day, immersed in the money spinning world that I had to enter in the first place. For survival. Because I just have to.

In the society, conformity rules anyway.

I wonder what I would regret later in life. But I have my apartment, my car and my pension. I think I am quite satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home