Friday, August 04, 2006

the one about wannabes

heys. Just watch Singapore Idol the other day and the more I watch it, the more I am convinced that Singaporean voters are mostly deaf.

Dude, I know image plays a big role other than singing. But can someone explain the immense popularity of wannabes like Paul and Joakim?

Week after week, Paul goes out there to ruin a beautiful song using the same formula. And 'High Five' fans and blind/deaf teenage girls just start voting for him. Unique and cool huh? How bout abnormal and ugly?

Popular rock song + Average voice + Emo hairstyle + Swing of Emo hairstyle = Votes

Trust me. It's a load of bull shit and simply does not work after 1 feeble attempt. It's a pity how the songs he chose are all such wonderful pieces of art. And he doesn't give 2 hoots about throwing them down the dustbin.

At least Joakim has a weak excuse to still be in the competition, and that is because he's good looking. Supposedly. Paul Twohil has like, nothing.

I hated the way Newpaper described Paul as an emo-rocker. Cos' he's a disgrace to anything rock. But I suggest he keep the hair that way. With that type of face, seeing half is already traumatising enough.

Ok buhbye. I hope Jasmine doesn't get too angry. :D

Joking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home