Sunday, October 08, 2006

the one about a very sleepy week

This week has been tiring. More mentally tiring than anything else. I had no duty until Saturday, which meant I had to work office hours from Monday to Friday and then do the Saturday duty that everyone doesn't like to do.

Office hours means I have to get up at 5 something am then take the bus all the way to my camp where I reach at 715am and then cycle in. The morning bus rides are damn irritating. If I catch the earliest 70 bus, I will reach the 103 bus stop at 6.30am, too late for the early 103 bus. And have to wait about 20 + minutes for the next one.

If I hop on the later-by-20 minutes 70 bus, I'll reach the 103 bus stop at near to 7am and it depends much on luck whether I can catch the 650am bus. Otherwise, I'll be reaching camp very on time, with no space in between.

Yep. The waking up part kills. Really. Because you work until about 530pm and then you take the dreaded bus home again, this time sharing bus space with much much more commuters and because it's the peak hour, traffic is heavy.

You get home finally, feeling all tired and frustrated. And you miss half of the 7pm show on Channel 8. Because I reach home that late, I always try to squeeze in as much activites as possible before I sleep. But that extends to a late 1230am or so.

Don't ask me why I don't sleep early like 10pm. It's crazy. I reach home and only have less than 3 hours of free time. I really don't like the idea of having my hours in a day managed by something like NS. And so, I almost always try to do more of the stuff I want to do in that little frame of time.

So the whole week has been rushing here and there, feeling sleepy most of the time and then Friday, I had to go down to HQ to jog 4.5km. Well, could say my stamina has improved quite a bit. Haha...to think that back in JC, 4.8km seemed a huge distance. Now it seems so short..Yeah, that's a great thing. :D

My sergeant has asked me to participate in some sort of triathlon with him and some of my fellow colleagues (Colleagues reduce the army factor a bit.). I'm still unsure about it because I have never done something like this before. But it's always good to try. Nothing is being confirmed yet though.

Ok..think I've gotta go now. I've been wanting to rant badly about this week since like mid week or so and here's it. I'll probably catch the 3 episodes of Prison Break I've taped and probably Tomb Raider later. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home