Thursday, December 14, 2006

the one about finally having someone flame me. ouch.

hello everyone, it is very seldom that anyone actually tags on my blog. And no matter how pathetic it seems to be, I am often quite delighted when visitors and good friends drop by to say hi. But given my visitor count, I don't really expect many taggers anyways.

So imagine how refreshing and interesting it is when one day, some mysterious visitor who decides to name himself after a number, drops by and decides to make an announcement on my status in life. I happen to be seriously running out of topics to write here and I quickly pounced on this timely intervention to cook up a post.

Mr 15 claimed that I was trying to climb up to elite status because I was aiming for a second degree. Er. You didn't define the boundaries of an elite and what it stood for so I really don't know how to rebutt you. If you want to flame people anonymously, please at least do so more clearly because I don't know who you are so I really cannot clarify with you I'm sorry.

If you mean elite as rich and high class, then you obviously don't make sense as getting a 2nd degree doesn't necessarily turn you in that direction. If you mean elite in education status, then it'll start to make a little more sense but still, in today's context, a 2nd degree just makes you a wee bit more marketable and credible in future, and you will not be 'educationally elite' just because you hold 2 papers instead of 1.

So you said too, that since I admitted I was average, I should stick to being average all my life because no amount of education will help me raise myself up from mediocrity. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Probably you've worked with me before and deemed me as a hopeless fool who always tried to break higher ground but to no avail. Speaking of which, you really don't know me do you?

Or maybe it's something you've frequently experienced, you yourself trying to break out of that 'average' mould but couldn't, so you came up with a sweeping conclusion that all human beings, once fallen into place in society, cannot progress upward. That's pretty much hogwash and it's sounds so ridiculous I can't bother elaborating further. If that's the case, I appreciate you sharing your life thesis with me but I'll just listen to it for entertainment sake.

Don't worry, if you work hard enough, I'm sure you'll be above average someday.

And I didn't say how average I was did I? All I did was say that I was average but I didn't say how average I was. Hm. I'm quite worried that Mr 15 might be some 'elite' member of society trying to protect the sacred realm from low lifers like yours truly. But I don't think he knows how average I am unless he has worked with me before. Because 'average' is the term I gave myself based on my own perception about how I can't measure up to the people around me and there's no clear indication of how 'average' I am really am.

Maybe you are a scholar with 4as and 2ds, with that I am rather impressed with your level of understanding of the world around you and your low eq. Or you could be some random who went keyboard-happy for the moment, which simply means that I've wasted some precious time responding to nonsense.

Wait long long also cannot? Assuming all your theories about me are correct, then this might be the only flaw. Of course I'm not going to sit back and wait. Then of course, long long also cannot. If you want to improve, then you've got to work for it duh. And of course, I have the ability to do so. =)

Just for the record, you visited my blog at 10:11am and left your imprint at 10:14am today. 3 minutes to read my previous post and come up with such an indepth conclusion about my social status that even I, have frequently questioned myself over.

Good job. Oh and you shouldn't use computers belonging to the army to serve internet. I heard they keep tabs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home