Monday, December 19, 2005

the one about duh! questions

Sometimes my mum asks the funniest questions:


Here I am sitting at home minding my business while the phone rings.
'Ring Ring!', says the phone.
I pick it up.
It's my mum.
Mum: "Hao, you are home already ah?"
Me: Er..yeah


I return home.
Mum opens the bed room door.
'Creak.', says the door.
Mum: "Hao, back already ah?"
Me: "Erm..yes."


Maybe she was just trying to check if it was really me. She knows it can't be my dad cos he's working. Probably she thought it was a burglar or something.

Well..I don't know.

What I do know is that sometimes we ask duh-inducing questions but we don't know it. Like sometimes I find myself saying, " Yo, what you doing here? " when I see, say a friend, at a shopping centre.

But of course, the king of duh! questions is no doubt: Can I ask you a question?

Now, how do you answer that type of question? If you replied no, you would have just been an ass and contradicted yourself upside down. Whatever it is, I hate it when people ask me that particular question. Damn, you didn't even give me a chance to make a choice.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Sak said...

my mum asks those type of questions too. quite weird really...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home