Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the one about old school rock on SI

Just caught Singapore Idol on TV. Received several surprises here and there.

Hady, Matilda and Jasmine picked really old school rock songs. The 2 Bon Jovi songs came as a huge surprise because, really, I never really expected anyone to rock to those 2 oldies anymore. But they were great, doing justice to the songs. They were the bigger hits of Bon Jovi and terribly difficult to sing. But they pulled it off well and I respect their ability. :D

Haha. And Jasmine picked one of my favourite rock songs. 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns N' Roses. When I heard her song choice, I was like, what the... And I secretly prayed she wouldn't imitate the singing style of Axl Rose. Well, kinda like the way she sang it. Added her own touch to it, which was cool.

I think she did some research on Rose. Either that or she's a fan like me. That bandana. It's so Axl Rose. And there were some little actions in her performance that reminded me of Axl Rose. Go watch the music video of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' on Youtube. There are...similarities. :P

Had a feeling Joakim wanted to be eliminated. What a huge disparity in standards. Well..It's pretty obvious he'll be kicked out.

Unless deaf and shallow school girls keep voting for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home