Tuesday, December 19, 2006

the one about a rainy yet pleasant day

Today's a rainy day. As usual. Met up with Yunqi for lunch. Went to Billy Bombers at the Heeren. Billy Bombers is a cute little american restaurant with a very retro setting.

Had the club sandwich which made me really full. Chicken and bacon in between some soft, weird-looking bread, with thick chunks of potatoes they call fries. Heheh. The sandwich was okay but the fries was rather tasteless and filled me up really quickly. Yunqi had some long sandwich filled with melted cheese and beef pieces (i think it's beef). Reminded me of BK's Mushroom Swiss and a bit of Roti John. Again accompanied by tasteless fries.

Salads had this strong flavour which I suspect came from the pickles. Not nice.

I thought I wouldn't feel so full since it was a sandwich. But anyways, you should drop by if you're looking for a refreshing change from other western restaurants.

Shopped around a bit but was generally stuck at several places due to the heavy rain.

Haha..guess what, when I went home, I realised my mom's friends had come over for karaoke session. The moment I entered the house, it only took one auntie to tell everyone I was back and soon enough, one by one came over to ask me to eat this, eat that. One auntie wrap the popiah for me then another unwrap one otah for me. (Both were homemade, btw)

Hurhur. I wouldn't mind if I hadn't had the sandwich earlier but at that time, I was still feeling quite full. Let me count...okay, in order not to appear rude, I consumed..1 popiah, 1 soon kueh, 2 otahs, 1 durian puff and 2 durian tarts. Yay, I feel so loved. What a pleasant excuse to overeat!

Actually, wanted to talk about their singing. But on second thought, nevermind.

Hm. Okay right now, my parents are singing karaoke, which is quite bad, cos it's like 11pm. And I can't listen to my songs on the computer while the speakers are blaring in the background. Grr. Okay, time to go. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home