Saturday, October 15, 2005

the one about goths (argh)

I saw some interesting people on the train a few days back. My first impression of them was that they were pretty shady people, literally. I just can't help but think - goth. Come to think of it, they were some mix between goths and those fashion statements from Japan..the type they call Harajunk..Horojunku..Haro whatever kids or some shit like that..

The 4 of them were dressed in black mostly..the brightest colour being dark purple. Ok..we have the striped stockings..weird shoes..don't know how many layers of clothes and everything else that freaks you out. One girl even had a set of oversized goggles around her neck..I mean wtf?! Please note that I'm not talking about regular swimming goggles here, I'm referring to the big and chunky ones with humongous frames that cover 3/4 of your face. Yeah, those that some act-cute Jap anime characters wear. I wonder where she even got that from..Singapore imports garbage? Woah, a higher level of free trade I suppose?

The biggest turn off was that she wasn't even cute or pretty or hot or anything, or in Alternate Caps Language - kAWaii~~, sO cHiOs, dAmns HoTs sIa (ok, so I'm not that good at that). She was basically plain, and that's just an understatement. And c'mon, if you dress like you were auditioning for Winter Sonata 2, and expect to look cool while prancing about Orchard, I must say good luck to you. You/You will stink of arm pit sweat. Ok ok I get it..so you think black radiates heat and you will feel/look hot no? Yes, no. Definitely not the latter. Anyway, I wonder who ever wears black in Winter Sonata. Got to ask my mum.

Anyway, all 4 of them were girls, and one of them was rather good looking. Her hair kind of reminded me of Naima, one of the hottest girls on that Top Model show on channel 5. But that's beside the point. The point is this is Singapore, not LaLa Land, and anybody not dressed in standard attire like T-shirt and jeans/normal girl's clothes will be looked upon as ETs, schizos, posers and opposition party members. Follow the standard code and you will never go wrong. Anyway, since when was this applied to fashion only. It's just Singapore afterall. Bet the government sponsored all those 'Follow Me' commercials. (It's just a joke ok? Don't sue me.)

To the 4 goths, I appreciate and certainly respect (hammers chest with right hand) the way you are trying to look different. If only more people could be like you. But I don' think you are gothic. Real goths paint their faces black. You didn't, hence you are labelled as a 'wannabe'. Same applies to the punks, emos, kAwAiIs and all hybrids in between, so wipe that silly smile off your face.

Yet another angsty-ridden post. Chow.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:52:00 AM, Blogger Space-dye-vest said...

hey ya.. was just going thru random blogs , found yours interesting, so thought of droppin a hi... howdy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home