Tuesday, October 18, 2005

the one about library retards

Studying in the library has never got so irritating before. Some people really don't give a shit about what others think huh?

A few hours ago, I was at B*d*k (name has been censored here and there to protect said library) library studying my ass off and in the process of knocking out Chem paper 3, I almost knocked out a few teeth too.

There was this retarded guy with a cap who could not keep his mouth shut. I didn't know who the fark he was talking to because he was seated about 10m plus away from me, on the sofas situated behind the shelves. Despite that, I could still hear him chatting away happily. And I was listening to my mp3 mind you, and I tried Queen, Bon Jovi, Metallica and even Britney Spears but I still couldn't shut his voice out of my music. Do you know how ridiculous 'Have A Nice Day' sounds with a background rap?

Ok..so he continued being the ass he was for the next 10 minutes or so, and no one went up to stop him. So what do you expect? People who visit the library are 'no-life' typical Singaporeans who feel that minding their own business is the best policy. But at least a few of them looked up from time to time, looking pissed and irritated, and then getting back to their books again. That's comforting. I mean..that is a sign that they care right? Is it?

Anyway, being the slightly less than typical, fairly more angsty Singaporean teen that I am, I decided to do something about it and went off to look for a librarian to complain (that's the typical part). After travelling a distance of raftly 15m, I decided that there were no librarians in sight so I got back to my place to study. Well, at least I tried.

Later, a librarian did appear and the noise stopped temporarily. Then the walking turd walked to the table behind me where he settled down with his friend and tried to talk again. And then the librarian decided to hover around the area and he stopped again. I mean frick, why the hell are you behaving like a kindergarten kid, you retarded fruck? I see the look on his face when the librarian decides to hover around the area and I feel tickled and pissed at the same time. Do you know the agony of feeling tickled and pissed at the same time? Ok, so he decided that he couldn't hang out and talk anymore so he eventually left. I really hoped he slipped and fell on the slippery pavement at the exit.

Another pissful thing is that some people really absolutely totally refuse to switch their phones to silent mode. I hear this stupid phone ring and the next few minutes, the same phone rings again. Apparently, the user has decided NOT to turn it to silent. It really bewilders me because he is either trying to tell everyone his ring tone is very nice or that he is trying to act cool by appearing rebellious.

Personally I don't think the 'ring-ring' ring tone is very creative or spectacular whatsoever, neither are the extra long and irritating message tones on Nokia phones. So I just have to say it's probably the latter. Anyway, like the previous dumbo, they can go and die too, and bring their phones with them.

There are still so many of them out there that I would love to blast. But I'm afraid I can't, since that'll mean taking a few years away from my life. And you certainly don't want that, do you?

And yes, yet another angst-laden post (again). I don't think I'm going to live very long if it continues like that.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:10:00 AM, Blogger Space-dye-vest said...

Wasn't really a favour...I really liked your writing style... Well, I wouldn't mind...I haven't linked my own friends yet either... I've put up some new stuff...check it out and tell me how it is... and temme your email address or somethin .. a better way of keeping in touch...what do u say ? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home