Friday, February 23, 2007

the one about pesky little mosquitoes

I think I'm on the brink of a fever. Head feels giddy and all. Must be eating too much new year snacks. Argh, and I have a cough too. Still have duty tomorrow, better sleep early tonight.

I hate mosquitoes. I think I must have said this before in some previous post, but thursday night in camp has been one crazy one fighting off the pests. The air conditioning was spoilt indoors, so a few of us decided to sleep out in the open.

I slept on my usual beach chair and made sure I was 90% covered, with the exception of my nose and mouth. I had enough experience to know that sleeping in a singlet and without socks will have you waking up the next day requiring a blood transplant.

Here is what I wore to sleep. Hooded sweater, boots, eye covers (to help you sleep), neck pillow. And guess what? I got bitten on my cheeks and chin.

Later I decided to move indoors, this time wearing my gym gloves to prevent hand bites. But still...bite bite bite. Help.

Ended up not sleeping properly. Damn! I think tomorrow I might just bring a sleeping bag.

Anyhows, I gotta go now. Still have to complete that question for my pesky group assignment. Date due soon. Help once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home