Sunday, May 27, 2007

the one about nice place for dinner and some crazy ass driver

wow. what a long time seems i last blogged..lotsa things i'm busy with right now. The other day last week or so I went out to celebrate another of my friend's birthday at this quaint little restaurant called Basil Alcove. It isn't exactly a restaurant but just a eating place around the street corner at Fortune Centre.

I like it because it's a great combination of ambience, great food, good price and reasonably good service too. They sell these dishes like 'duck served with red wine as sauce', '2 nicely cooked giant sausages with nice mash potato at the side', 'pork ribs with little meat but taste good' and different types of pasta. I can't really recall the names so I'm giving you the most accurate description I've got. They are served like those high class French restaurant dishes - the main item served in rather small amounts but big on garnish and presentation.

Yeah..you get the idea. Yep, those type of dishes coupled with tables dimly lighted by candles in jars. And you more or less get this atmosphere where you can tell everyone that you love them without seeming mushy.

The concept is simple and the food great. A pleasant dining experience I would not hesitate to take my loved ones to. Well..definitely be going back there again.

On to more exciting things, I met up with this guy from the forum to fix my tail lights. He's this drifter that actually represents Singapore in those drift competitions in Malaysia..D1 Grand Prix or something. So he told me about how he got started and all and also about his competitions and so on. It was really refreshing to hear something new now and then.

Later we went for a spin in his Nissan S15. Never sat in a turbocharged car before and the way he drove was really damn scary. So fast yet keeping so close to everyone else. Sometimes I felt those andrenaline rushes that I remember I left behind at the theme parks in Taiwan. Didn't want to appear wimpy so I just kept quiet and gripped on subtly to the edges of the seat, masking any potential displays of fear with 'Wow!' or 'So exciting huh...'

Well. halfway through it wasn't that scary anymore because I had this 'I'm trapped in this pseudo-rollercoaster anyway and I can't jump out so if anything happens just suck thumb' type of thinking running through my mind. And finally I could put my mind at ease when he turned into the carpark.

Ok i think i shall stop here and probably ramble on to the next post. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home