Tuesday, April 03, 2007

the one about how small actions can create such a big impact

Exams are over and I finally have some free time to catch a breather. That's the good thing about exams, the feeling of freedom right after them. Sleeping a lot lately. And rather well too, which is great.

Last night I received a call from guardroom to return to camp immediately. It was around 8 plus. Something was missing. At first it seemed like a belated April fool's joke and how I hoped it was, but it wasn't and I had to return.

It sucks cos I was on dismount yesterday, and it was kinda none of my business.

Well..can't really say much but we spent the night in camp and most part of today was dealing with the aftermath. Aftermath in the form of personal interviews and finally a group interview, which was mostly nothing to do with the loss in the first place. It was dramatic with a few tears. Startling.

The loss just sparked off a series of questions waiting to be answered, hanging around in the air for way too long, things that questioned the way things were handled and interpersonal relationships.

Well..regarding the loss..it wasn't much of carelessness. I would say it was a moment of foolishness and frustration, then negligence. We looked for it but couldn't find it cos someone else took it. Enough said. But all in all, day ended generally okay compared to the tension in the morning. Necessary punishment was meted out still and matters somewhat came to a close.

For me, it was a rather abrupt turn of events and I was rather pissed to waste my night in camp because of someone else's childishness. And I didn't even have the slightest business to do with it. Call me selfish, but that was how I felt.

Ok I'm really tired. Better get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home