Thursday, May 10, 2007

the one about studies, movie outings and a mother's day gift

I'm kinda happy I aced my first 2 modules. But that has put more pressure on me to perform well for the coming ones. There's always this stigma about me being an A level student so naturally I have to get A type of thing going on within me. Ok so that sentence sounded rather off, but you get the idea.

The course isn't difficult but I wouldn't say it's easy either. Everyone has their own schedule so it's hard to meet up and discuss stuff too. On the bright side, the pace of the course is right, the people are great, the campus is full of facilities I haven't discovered yet.

But what I'm not going to hide is that I'm aiming for As and only As. And I'm going to be disappointed if I don't get them.

Last Saturday was great. Went to Minds Cafe to celebrate one of my camp mates birthday. Many people went, including his school friends and his girlfriend's friends and so on. Haha, kinda like the atmosphere there and the games were fun too. Played mostly card games. It's really amazing how much fun can be derived from a stack of cards and an idea.

Pay a fixed price and play as many games as you want. A really fun and healthy way to pass time I would say.

After that, we went to watch Spideman at around midnight. I have no idea why there are so many pre-movie ads at Plaza Singapura's cinema..I forgot, was it GV? Yeah, anyway, Spiderman not suprisingly, was packed with great action and villians, with scenes of deep emotions and comic relief but I felt it didn't really measure up to the second installment.

Not too sure why. Probably it was because the second one was much more of an improvement over the first compared to the improvement they did for the third. But was there an improvement at all? Two new villians introduced over such a short span of time left little for character development. The action was hot but not sufficient for a finale. Some of them ended with an anti-climax. Just look at Venom. A classic, spectecular entrance but lousy send off. The screen time allocated to him was not justifiable given he's one of the major villians.

The comic relief scenes where Parker goes around playing this casanova/jerk was really unnecessary and seemed to be put in in an attempt to lighten the mood of the show. Rather corny and didn't do much to the show.

Ok enough of spidey, right now I'm rather baffled over what I should get for my mum for Mother's Day. I asked her directly just now. So unlike me. Haha. She said she wanted a bangle, those costume jewelry type. Hm. I figured since she loved the crystal necklace I gave her last year, means I've probably got the taste to pick out jewelry that she might like. Hah.

That means shopping on Sunday morning or noon. A bit last minute, but no choice cos' no time. Hope it isn't too expensive. I'm kinda tied up recently. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home