Sunday, May 27, 2007

the one about poc

Watched Pirates of the Carribean yesterday. Yet another overated show. Draggy plot resulted in the show being too slow paced in the middle. Too much was spent tying up the knots, which was aplenty given it was the third installment of the series.

Again, trying to squeeze in too much in 1 movie, what's with these trilogies nowadays? And the final battle scene seemed only remotely exciting. I had a more vivid impression of the 2nd installment than this one. At least I could still remember some of the action sequences that took place.

I hugely believe POC's success is largely due to the stellar cast it has, but this time round, even Jack Sparrow's antics seem to have grown tired and unnecessary. All the moments of humor are far in between for this show, doing little to lift the dreary mood and pace.

I remember I dozed off in the middle of the show. I couldn't help it. 3 hours was an overkill.

It would be better if they concluded the series in the 2nd installment. I'm putting my hopes on Shrek now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home